Chef Maurice Henry shares a new recipe from the menus at Jamaica Inn. Try it at home to get a taste of the Inn!
Follow his step-by-step instructions including tips on how to plate it.
Recipe serves one.
- 2 oz Bucherondin goat cheese
- Puff pastry
- 2 oz heavy cream
- 8 oz balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz Pine nuts
- ½ lb Callaloo (spinach)
- 2 oz Onion
- 2 oz Bell Peppers
- 6 pc Arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Roll and cut puff pastry to fit tart shell
- Spray tart shell with cooking spray for easy removal of puff pastry after baking
- Add puff pastry to tart shell and bake blind until half done
- Add cheese and heavy cream to pastry and continue to bake until base is golden brown
- Remove pastry from tart shell and set aside to cool
- In a sauce pan, reduce balsamic vinegar until syrup consistency. Set aside to cool.
- In a sauce pan, add callaloo, onion and bell peppers. Steam until soft, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange arugula leaves on the plate and drizzle with balsamic syrup.
- Place the tart on top of the leaves and syrup and fill with Callaloo.
- Finish with a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts.
This presentation is good do you have buffet? and fruit carving for decoration.