We recently hosted the first annual Inner Peace in Paradise Yoga Retreat at the Inn, and it was a great success.
Feedback is all about the beauty of the property, service and food…the decadent yoga classes by Sienna, the “vibe” of the hotel and the unique excursions. We cannot wait to commence planning the next one!
Healthy Yoga Retreat Recipes
Chef Maurice and his team prepared healthy dishes for the group which included lots of fresh fish, salads, pasta, and so much more – but one of his lunch dishes was a huge hit so we wanted to share it with you.
The dish was prepared with cashew paste instead of butter or mayonnaise to keep on the vegan/healthier side. Chef has said it is very easy to do this at home!
Recipe: Chick Pea Wrap with Cashew Paste
Makes one wrap
- ¼ cup of raw cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup canned chick peas (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ small onion, chopped finely
- 1 small sweet pepper (yellow/red or green) chopped in small quarters
- ¼ zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (omit for a milder taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 tortilla or wrap
- Cut lettuce or arugula for garnish
- For the cashew paste, simply soak raw cashews in a bowl of water overnight. When ready to use, dice the cashews with the honey, a little water, and a dash of salt in a blender. The consistency should be that of a thick paste. Store in a container until ready to use.
- Rinse chick peas and cut them in half.
- Sautee sweet bell pepper, onion and garlic in EVOO for about seven minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chick peas and add in cilantro or parsley, if desired.
- Remove from heat, and combine all ingredients with the cashew paste.
- Prepare one tortilla by warming on the grill or in toaster for about thirty seconds. Fill tortilla with the mixed ensemble, as well as some cut lettuce or arugula.
I appreciate your creativity as a chef!!! Good keep it up!!!
This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it!!